- We collect personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business. This policy answers some of your questions and lets you know exactly how we’re protecting the information you entrust us with.
- Any personal information you provide through our website will be used only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- The only mandatory information we collect is a name, email address, city, state and country of residence so that we may assign you access to our programs and services. Optionally you may provide Cure The Yips (CTY) through email with your age demographic, golf handicap index and number of years playing golf for continued research on the “Yips”.
- This document outlines the standards of electronic data collection and use to ensure all customers and visitors understand and are comfortable with the stewardship of their privacy.
- CTY respects the privacy of its customers and does not sell or rent any information obtained from it’s website to any other organization or third party.
- The CYT website has been created in full conformity with Alberta’s Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
- Your continued business relationship or use of the website after the changes constitutes your agreement to the changes.
Conditions of Use – Brief Summary
- The CTY website provides information about its’ program and services. This information is meant for educational and reference purposes only.
- While every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of pages on this website, pages should be treated on an “AS IS” basis understanding it is the opinion of the author.
- As a user of the site, none of the information provided at the site may be altered, republished or re-distributed in any way, shape or form without the explicit prior consent of CTY.
- Hyperlinks from the CTY site to other websites have been provided in good faith, but do not indicate an endorsement by CTY of those websites, which are subject to change over which the CTY has no control.
Full details of conditions of use are given below.
When you visit CTY website, the server automatically collects a limited amount of information essential for the websites operation and security. This information includes your IP address , the name of your internet service provider and information concerning your browser and operating system. This information is strictly used to perform statistical analysis of user trends and interests and to help us make the site more useful to visitors. None of this information is provided to any other third parties.
When you use CTY website for program or services purposes such as participating in online courses, the personal information you provide for that program or service will be in compliance with sections 33a and 33c of the Alberta Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy Act and Regulation.
Where personal information is collected and then stored with CTY, it will be collected in compliance of Alberta’s Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
The CTY website has contracted third parties to host our website and server. Please be aware that the CTY has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies of these providers. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website.
WP ENGINE (Server), WORDPRESS (Website).
Terms and Conditions of Use
By using the Site you agree to the terms and general principles of the CTY Site.
Your Personal Data
CTY collects only minimal data from our customers, this data is used to provide our services.
You can contact CTY to request to see any personal information we have stored, such as your name, email address, or general location.
From time to time we may contact you thru surveys, to offer information on loyalty programs, contests or offers of new or updated services of CTY in order to improve our service to you. You may choose to Opt-Out of these communications in our Opt-Out policy below.
CTY takes reasonable steps to secure your personal information against unauthorized access or disclosure. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Intellectual Property Rights
The CTY owns the intellectual property rights including copyright in and to this site or has obtained the necessary licenses. Therefore CTY will take any appropriate legal action to enforce our rights. A number of words, phrases names designs or logos used on this site may be trademarks, service marks or trade names of CTY. CTY trademarked designs or logos may not be used by other parties without prior explicit consent.
CTY may disclose personal information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
Although the information provided on the site is thought to be correct when communicated there is no obligation on CTY to update this information or advise on further changes. There may be misprints or other errors on the site and CTY does not guarantee the quality, correctness, completeness or timeliness of the information provided on this site.
CTY makes no warranties representations and conditions or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, no-infringement whether express or implied or arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice.
CTY is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or any other damages however caused arising out of your use of the website or from information provided, including the loss of use, lost data, lost business revenue, business interruption, personal injury or any other personal or pecuniary loss, whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence) or any other tort action.
Web Pages and Links
This site has links to other websites, CTY does not assume responsibility for the content of these other websites. By providing links to these sites CTY does not endorse, act as a publisher or distributor of the content on those other sites.
Although CTY makes every effort to exclude computer viruses from its materials, you should take measures to check for computer viruses, execute due caution when downloading executable files and make certain you have a comprehensive and recent back up of the information stored on your computer.
The laws of the Province of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable shall govern any dispute or action regarding this site or any content present on the site. You hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta in any action or proceeding established under or related to your use of the site or document.
CTY does not process and therefore store any information regarding payment methods. To facilitate the processing of payments for CTY services and products with a payment card we use PayPal to process your payment. CTY is not responsible for PayPal and their security of this information thru these transactions.
Refer to PayPal policies and terms and conditions of use. PayPal policies and terms and conditions of use are subject to change at any time over which CTY has no control or responsibility.
Opt Out Policy
You may Opt-out of receiving communications from us by emailing us thru the form below.
Your request must include the following information;
Name, email address and what communications you want to Opt-Out of.
Once this information is submitted CTY will make every effort to fulfill this request within 5 business days and you will be notified of the decision.
Getting More Information
The CTY office is responsible for administering Alberta’s Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP). The office addresses issues related to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information and responds to privacy complaints.
Please address comments and questions regarding the site to CTY administration and submit through the form below.
For more information see the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy website.